I am an occupational therapist in NYC. In 2016 I completed my Master's degree at Columbia University Programs in Occupational Therapy. That September, I began working towards a research doctorate at Teachers College at Columbia Univerisity. I love this work dearly, and am throwing myself enthusiastically into this new career. (Learn more on LinkedIn)
With the Itty Biddies I have worked as a Teaching Artist with The Weill Music Institute at Carnegie Hall's Musical Connections program - part of the community outreach arm of Carnegie Hall - for over 10 years. Via Musical connections, I have taught songwriting and performance to people all across the five boroughs - in hospitals, shelters, and to those who are incarcerated.
In addition to my work with Carnegie Hall, I was an arts consultant for AHRC NYC from 2012-2014 - teaching songwriting and singing to some wonderful developmentally disabled adults. Those songs are some of my favorites!
Some of the venues in which I have worked as a teaching artist:
- Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx - concerts and ward visits
- Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan - concerts, ward visits and the Lullaby Project with Carnegie Hall with composers and teaching artists Thomas Cabiness and Emily Eagan
- Sing Sing Correctional Facility - songwriting and performance with teaching artist Daniel Levy's composition class
- Crossroads Juvenile Center (Corrections) - Songwriting and performance leading up to a concert directed by Pastor Chantel Renee Wright and her Songs of Solomon choir
- Harlem Hospital Center - concerts
- Valley Lodge - a shelter for homeless seniors
- Hudson Guild - a community center for seniors
- AHRC NYC - dayhab for developmentally disabled adults